Recipe by MarraMamba
Use the smallest potatoes you find or quarter them as they are stir fried.Cooking time includes time to boil potatoes
Top Review by PaulaG
This made a great potato side to serve with recipe #61659. The recipe was reduced to 3 servings with leftovers being used in eggs the following morning for breakfast. The carrots were baby cut carrots that were cut into thin strips and the smallest potatoes I could find needed cutting in quarters. The recipe goes together quickly and looks very colorful.
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb baby potatoes, scrubbed (tiny)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, slivered
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into strips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine butter, tomato paste, dill and black pepper. cover and refrigerate. (can be done up to 5 days in advance).
- Cook potatoes in a boiling water 15 to 25 mins until tender. Drain.
- In a wok or skillet, heat oil over medium high, add garlic, stir fry 10 secs. Add carrots, stir fry 2 minutes Add peppers, stir fry 1 to 2 min or until color intensifies. Add potatoes and stir fry 2 minutes until they are heated through.
- Stir in butter mixture tossing to coat vegetables.