Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a nice side dish with any meal. Try it for something different during the holidays.
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen sweet peas, baby
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Cook peas as directed on bag; drain.
- In large non-stick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Remove bacon; drain on paper towels.
- Cook onion and almonds in bacon drippings over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender and almonds are lightly browned. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add peas, bacon, onion, almonds, salt and pepper; toss.
Terrific...my kids who are extremely picky loved it. They even fought for seconds. This is a keeper.
This was just okay for us. I think that maybe we're just "Peas 'n Butter" people. Thanks for posting this Chris. It's always good to try something new.
What a delicious side dish for any meal! I served this with turkey tonight and some potatoes. I think this would be a great dish to serve company. Thanks Chris for sharing. Pam