- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen sweet peas, baby
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook peas as directed on bag; drain.
- In large non-stick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Remove bacon; drain on paper towels.
- Cook onion and almonds in bacon drippings over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender and almonds are lightly browned. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add peas, bacon, onion, almonds, salt and pepper; toss.