Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Another recipe from the December 07' issue of Southern Living! Can't wait to make these for my kids!
- 6 miniature bagels, split
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 6 teaspoons strawberry jelly or 6 teaspoons grape jelly
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Spread peanut butter evenly on cut sides of bottom halves of bagels; spread jelly evenly on cut sides of top halves of bagels. Place top halves of bagels on bottom halves, jelly sides down.
- Brush bagels lightly with melted butter; cook in a preheated panini press 2 minutes or until lightly browned and grill marks appear. Serve immediately.
- Note: Sandwich may be cooked in a grill pan. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and grill marks appear.
So good!! Made with miniature strawberry bagels, because those are my sons favorite.
These were an easy, yummy, CUTE way to start the day. *grins* I don't have a panini press (or grill press), so I used my standard substitute: my big nonstick frying pan on bottom and my biggest heaviest flat bottom saute pan smashing down. These are definitely going into my "Braindead Breakfasts" file - for school morning cooking before I get my first cup of coffee! These might even be able to be assembled, frozen and then grilled the morning you want them, which would make this even more braindead. Thank you so much for posting! Made for Photo Tag.