Recipe by StayAtHomeLumberJack
This is a way cheaper alternative to buying the oatmeal from the baby food aisle, and adding the powdered infant formula makes it iron fortified.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 2 scoops powdered infant formula (like Enfamil, Similac, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Process oatmeal in a coffee bean grinder or food processor for 15-30 seconds. It should be mostly powder with a few specks still showing.
- In a medium saucepan, boil water.
- Whisk in oatmeal and formula.
- Cook over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool to lukewarm before giving to baby.
- Note: You can buy old fashioned oatmeal; you'll just need to cook it longer.