Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
There's just nothing like baby new potatoes with fresh mint! Throw in some good quality olive oil, some garlic and pepper and you've got a quick and easy sidedish that goes well with just about anything.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs baby red potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- Scrub potatoes.
- Cut each potato in half and place in bowl.
- (If they are really small, leave whole).
- Toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons oil and half of the salt.
- Wrap potatoes in tin foil packet and grill for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from grill and empty packet into bowl.
- Add garlic, pepper, half of the mint, remaining oil and salt.
- Toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle with remainder of mint and serve.
- (Also good cold).
OMG this was a great hit at my last BBQ everyone asked me for the recipe.. The flavors are wonderful and its so easy i have made it 3 times already this week. The kids have asked for it again this weekend.. Thanks so much if i could give you 10 stars i would.
I make these on the barbeque as well as on the stove top. Lovely recipe. A hit at parties as starters too. For stove top I boil the potatoes in their jackets. Peel them when cool. Then saute the garlic in olive oil or butter;) and then add the baby potatoes. As they are heated thru and light brown I add the salt and pepper and then the mint. Just a variant of your recipe. But I do it the bbq way too. Great recipe! To tell you the fact was going to post myself but did a search and found yours :) Fay