Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Baby potatoes are boiled, drained and then covered with a creamy cheese sauce. All is done on the stovetop and ready in about 20 minutes. Simple and yummo!
- Cover potatoes with water, bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain and cover to keep warm.
- In saucepan over medium high heat, melt butter, whisk in flour, then milk, stirring constantly until thick.
- Season sauce with salt, black pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir in cheese.
- Pour sauce over potatoes and stir to coat.
I thought I would really enjoy this sauce but it was only so so for me. My boyfriend really loved it so I'm not sure... Maybe my taste buds are different! I thought it was a little too salty with the 1/2 tsp of salt. Usually parmesan is salty enough for me so I probably should have omitted the salt.