Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another from Chef Angie (I really just secretly wanted to know the nutritional content in this)
Make and share this Baby Mushroom Cheddar Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large white onions
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil, divided use
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 large portabella mushroom cap
- 1⁄2 cup white mushroom, sliced
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 ounce roasted garlic paste (see recipe)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mild cheddar cheese (1/4-inch cubes)
- parchment paper
- caramelized onion guinness demi-glace (see recipe)
- Make the garlic purée and set aside.
- Caramelize the white onions (sliced thinly) in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over low heat until they reach a deep golden brown color. Set aside 1/2 cup for the meat mix and 1/2 cup for the demi glace you’ll make later (see recipe).
- Next, in a small sauté pan combine ketchup and coke, whisking together over low heat. Reduce this mixture by half, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large sauté pan, add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and allow to warm over low heat. Add both types of mushrooms and a touch of salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the mushrooms are soft, allow to cool, and then add mushroom mix to coke and ketchup mix.
- In a large metal mixing bowl combine ground beef with mushroom coke/ketchup mixture, and all remaining ingredients — egg, bread crumbs, Romano and Cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup caramelized onions and the garlic purée.
- Portion mixture into four equal football-shaped loaves. Bake on parchment-lined sheet pan for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Reduce temperature to 250 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees.
- To assemble: Slice each of the four mini meatloaves in three pieces and serve over red bliss mashed potatoes. Top this with the demi glace.