Recipe by SoCalCookerGal
Here's another lovely dish from Costco Connection magazine. I think this salad would be a nice starter for Thanksgiving.
Top Review by ~SarahBeth~
Great little lunch salad! I reduced it for a portion of one. I used pecans in place of the walnuts and I was not sure what an apple pear was so I used 1/2 pear and 1/2 apple (DH got the rest as fruit salad for his lunch). I also added a wee bit more feta. I LOVE the feta/nut combo -- it's just perfect!!! Oh and I also used the dried cranberries and baby spinach (because lately I can't get enough spinach)! Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2010! :)
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml orange juice
- 44.37 ml pecans (finely chopped)
- 29.58 ml honey
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1419.54 ml baby mixed greens
- 1 apple pear (cored and thinly sliced into wedges)
- 78.07 ml pomegranate seeds (or dried cranberries)
- 78.07 ml feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a salad bowl combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, orange juice, pecans, honey and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well blended.
- Add the greens and toss to coat with the dressing. Divide the salad among
- 4 plates Top with apple pear slices and sprinkle on the feta and the pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries.