Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These babies are so moist, you can easily double the recipe just increase the ground meat to 3 pounds and double all of the other ingredients this will give you 8 mini meatloaves. Use only half and half or full-fat milk for this, it will produce a moisture meatloaf. For an extra kick add in a couple tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese to the meat mixture.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb (about 2 slices of bread, use only fresh bread crumbs)
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half or 3⁄4 cup cream or 3⁄4 cup full-fat milk
- 2 large eggs, slighty beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce (I use about 1/2 teaspoon, you can use more or less)
- seasoning salt (I use 2 teaspoons seasoning salt)
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional, but good to add in)
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork (you can use 1-1/2 pounds of only gound beef)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar or 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 -6 slices bacon, cut into about 1-1/2-inch pieces, cooked until crisp
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to middle position.
- Line a shallow baking dish with foil.
- In a small skillet saute onion, green pepper (if using) and garlic in oil over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes, or until JUST softened.
- In a bowl stir together soft bread crumbs, milk, eggs, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, seasoning salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese; mix well to combine.
- Add in the ground meat along with the onion mixture; gently mix with your hands until JUST combined (mixture will be moist).
- Using a 1 cup measure, drop slightly rounded cups of the ground meat mixture into the baking pan/dish and lightly pat to form 4 "domes".
- In a bowl, stir together ketchup and vinegar; spoon over the meat mixture mounds in the baking dish.
- Bake meatloaves for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set the oven to broil.
- Broil the meatloaves about 2-3 inches from the heat until the glaze is caramelized (about 1-2 minutes).
- Top with cooked bacon pieces and serve.