Recipe by Seasoned Cook
A good SOUTHERN DISH! This dish graces the table at buffets, potlucks and in homes in the south. Also known as "butter beans" and are grown in small home gardens. When purchasing a frozen bag or box of these wonderful beans be sure to buy the kind which say "tiny" or "baby" lima beans. These beans go well with any meat as well as fried chicken, ham or pork chops. The blended flavors of lima beans, corn and bacon drippings make anyone feel like they are seated at Grandma's table!
- 2 cups frozen baby lima beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size saucepan bring water to a boil.
- Place frozen lima beans, bacon drippings, salt and pepper in water. Cover with a lid. Turn heat down to very low heat and let simmer for an hour and 15 minutes. Keep a watchful eye and do not let water boil out.
- Pour drained can of corn kernels into bean mixture and simmer 15 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!