Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
I had a meaty ham bone...and wanted a hearty stick to your ribs kind of meal. And this is what I came up with. It turned out so tasty...I have to share it. The baby lima beans cook up fast, I didn't even pre-soak them. But if you want...sure go ahead. Total time was 3 1/2 hours...and wow...its even better the next day. All the flavors blend in that time. I hope you give it a try, if your a bean soup person...this is a must.
- In a large pot throw in;.
- Washed beans, and the rest of the ingredients, except for the salt.
- Put enough water or stock to completely cover all ingredients.
- Cook for around 3 to 3/12 hours, taste and add the salt if needed.
- ( depends on the ham )
- I put some mozzarella cheese in the bottom of the bowl -- and put the
- soup on top. It melts and gives the soup even more flavor.( as if it
- needed it.lol ).