Recipe by Sackville
This recipe comes from Rosie Sykes, who describes it as "a bit like a barbequed salad". And a way to get your veggies in what could otherwise be a very meat-heavy meal.
- 16 baby leeks
- 6 young fennel
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the leeks and halve them lengthwise from the green end, until you reach halfway down the white.
- Soak in cold water, while you prepare the fennel.
- On the fennel, trim off any rough bits and then quarter lengthwise.
- Put the lemon zest and juice in a bowl with a good pinch of salt and stir to dissolve.
- Add the garlic, oil and seasoning.
- Stir, then marinate the leek and fennel in this mixture for an hour.
- To cook, place the veggies on a medium-hot part of the BBQ for about 10 minutes.
- Turn often until they are soft and slightly charred.
- When done, put back into the marinade, sprinkle with parsley and serve.