Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
My first posted recipe! I combined several recipes to create these; I was itching to make use of my herb garden but wanted to use baby potatoes. This fed six people, but as two of them were children you may want to increase the amount of potatoes. Also, this calls for 4 tbs of olive oil, but make sure you use enough to coat all the potatoes. I recommend pairing these with hamburgers and a salad.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baby red potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, off the stem and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, off the stem and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Cover the potatoes in water and boil until tender, about 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are boiling add the olive oil, garlic and herbs to a large sauce pan and put on a low heat.
- When potatoes are tender, drain and dry them. Rinse with cool water and then halve the potatoes.
- Add the potatoes to the oil mixture and raise the temperature to a medium heat.
- Cook the potatoes until the begin to brown (about 10 minutes). Be careful not to let the potatoes stick to your pan.
- Remove from heat and transfer potatoes into serving bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Boiling the potatoes first made them very light. And I really liked the mix of spices used in this dish. Though I have to admit that I did add salt and pepper (my family's preference). But other than that, I followed the recipe as written and it was delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe, CassandraLynne11. Made for the 2009 Fall Pick-A-Chef event.