This "tea" is great for colicky babies or babies who don't burp properly and are prone to gas. Also great for anyone with gas no matter what age. It's wonderful after any kind of abdominal surgery. Great to give to kids with any kind of tummy upset. This is also know as "The Italian Grandmother Cure". The full recipe makes about 4 adult servings or 16 to 32 infant servings
- Place the bay leaves and the cold water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes. The mixture will turn a pale green, similar to some green teas.
- Let cool a bit.
- For adults and older children drink one cup when you have gas or other stomach upset.
- For infants, feed one to two ounces, depending on age, whenever baby has gas.
- Be aware that this will make you feel much better, and it will make you pass gas.
- You can make half the recipe for an infant as this should be drunk before it gets cold. The basic formula is one medium bay leaf for every 1 cup of water.