Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The dressing and the crisps can be made up to 2 days ahead of time. The recipe can be cut in half
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese, extra old, shredded
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, coarsely chopped
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (or grapeseed oil)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In bowl, mix cheese with flour. Using 1/4 cup for each crisp and baking only 2 at a time, mound cheese mixture about 6 inches apart on prepared pan; pat to flatten slightly.
- Bake in centre of 350 oven until golden around edge; about 10 - 12 minutes, watching to prevent browning. Let stand on pan or rack for 1 minute. (Make ahead: Store in paper towel lined airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- Dressing: In small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; set aside.
- To serve: Combine greens, chives and chery tomatoes. Add enough dressing just to coat leaves. Shred fresh basil over leaves. Break cheddar crisps and serve around the greens.