Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
from Grill Fridays on Regis & Kelly
- 1 dozen ripe apricot
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 16 slices prosciutto
- 1⁄2 lb mixed baby greens
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shaved (or kasseri cheese)
- Halve and pit the apricots and set aside.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the olive oil into a medium skillet pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and sauté until lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the apricots and reduce the heat to medium. Heat the apricots just until their skins begin to soften, for no more than 2 to 3 minutes, so the fruit keeps its shape.
- Add the herbs, 2 tablespoons of the vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, just until the fruit takes on the flavor and fragrance of the herbs.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Meanwhile, line each of the ring molds or ramekins with 4 prosciutto slices, overlapping them so the entire mold is covered.
- Spoon in the apricot mixture, filling each mold to the top. Carefully lift the prosciutto slices and drape them over the filling, gently patting them into place.
- Set the molds aside while you dress the greens.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and the pepper.
- Place the greens in a medium bowl, spoon on a little of the vinaigrette - just enough so each leaf is lightly coated - and gently toss.
- Divide the greens evenly among four individual salad plates. Unmold each prosciutto ring by turning it upside down and over the greens.
- Drizzle any remaining vinaigrette around the prosciutto ring. Top the salad with the cheese.