Recipe by PaulaG
Young tender baby greens, topped with slices of mellow ripe pears with a sprinkling of Gorgonzola and toasted pecans. The flavors are enhanced by the Honey Mustard Dressing. This salad goes well with pork or chicken.
Top Review by dgpat
Love this!!! Used walnuts instead of pecans (what I had) and at the last minute, decided that I felt more like a Raspberry-walnut vinaigrette instead, so that's what I used~~~YUM!!!
- 2 -3 ounces mixed baby greens
- 1⁄2 ripe pear, cored, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted, coarse chopped
- 4 tablespoons gorgonzola, crumbled
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a small container with a tight fitting lid and shake vigorously to blend.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If not serving immediately, place the dressing in refrigerator. Before serving, allow the dressing to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Layer chilled salad plates with the baby greens and top with thinly sliced pears.
- Sprinkle with toasted pecans and cheese, drizzle with dressing as desired.