Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy and pleasing first course or side dish. Bacon bits may be a nice addition as well.
- 4 hard cooked eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard (or 1 Tbs honey & 2 Tbs mustard)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large butter lettuce or 10 ounces mixed greens
- Peel and chop eggs.
- Combine next 5 ingredients and process until smooth with a hand held blender (or shake in a jar).
- Place lettuce in a bowl, add dressing and eggs and toss gently.
- Serve on a plate or salad bowl.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
Loved this salad and the dressing was the best part. I used a bag of butter lettuce and mixed the honey and mustard for the dressing. I subbed the olive oil w/ canola because I was out of olive. I also added tomato, bell pepper and onion to the salad. I look forward to eating this again. Thanks for sharing.
This made a beautiful and delicious salad. I used butter lettuce and loved the tenderness of the leaves. The dressing was very zesty and we love honey dijon so we were very pleased with the flavor. Very elegant and something I would serve to guests. Thanks for sharing this one.
This was a very nice salad. Made for a dinner party. I added some tomato wedges. I might have done another egg or two for the amount of greens I was using.