Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Baby Greens topped with Mushrooms, Pine Nuts, Bacon, cheese and apples topped with Maple Dijon dressing.
- 7 ounces baby greens
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese or 1⁄3 cup blue cheese
- 1 small Red Delicious apple, diced
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 dash salt
- 1 garlic clove
- Place ingredients in bowl starting with the first thought to the last.
- Blend together all dressing ingredients. Add a teaspoon more of vinegar or mustard if you like a sharper taste. The dressing gets better overnight and keeps for 4 to 5 days. Top salad with Maple Dijon dressing.
This salad was delicious! Guests raved over it and I don't even really like salad but could eat this for a while meal I think. Dressing really has a light sweet tangy flavor with the dijon and the maple.
I made the dressing but not the salad as yet. The dressing is delicious and the sweet and tart flavors are just to my liking. I lowered the fat content considerably and made this vegan by omitting the olive oil and half and half, and substituting Silk coffee creamer for both. Silk has just 1 gram of fat per tablespoon, while oil has about 14 grams. Not sure of the fat content of half and half but Silk has much less. I will be using this on a salad of spinach leaves, mandarin oranges, apple slices, spiced pecans and red onion.