Recipe by Hag chef
Fresh peppery salad greens, lemon vinaigrette garnished with hazelnut Parmesan crisps.
Top Review by Elisabetta47
My oh my is this a wonderful dish. The hazelnut parmesan crisps are divine. I skipped the prosciutto (it was vegetarian night), but will try in the future. The vinaigrette is perfect, though next time I'll drizzle and taste instead of adding it all at once as we like a drier salad. Thanks for such an easy/elegant creation.
Hazelnut Parmesan Crisps
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups lettuce, mesclun or 6 cups baby greens
- 6 slices prosciutto (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine Parmesan and hazelnuts. Drop 12 spoonfuls of Parmesan mixture onto baking sheet 3 inches apart.
- Bake crisps for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden. Cool on baking sheet.
- Whisk together lemon juice, oil and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss lettuce with vinaigrette and pile on individual plates.
- Coil each slice of prosciutto into a rose shape and set a rose in center of each mound of greens. Garnish each serving with two Parmesan crisps.