1/4 Photos of Baby Greens Salad With Strawberries and Blue Cheese
This recipe is for a super salad. The fresh puree in the dressing makes it divine. The balance of sweet strawberries and somewhat tart blue cheese makes every morsel flavorful. Fun to serve anytime. It was quickly eaten in our home. It comes from the Wisconsin Milk Board. Great for any day. If you don't like baby greens sub in romaine. or butter lettuce. Enjoy! ChefDLH
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 medium strawberries (washed and hulled, from 1-pound container)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (plus extra for berry puree)
- 1/3 cup fruity extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) bag salad greens (baby bitter greens mixture i.e spinach, arugula, mache, watercress or all spinach 5 ounces)
- remaining strawberry, sliced
- 1/3 cup packaged oven-roasted sliced almonds
- 4 ounces wisconsin blue cheese, crumbled
- 1Make the dressing.
- 2Whirl the 3 to 5 strawberries in a blender with a dash of balsamic vinegar until puréed (or mash by hand).
- 3In a small bowl, whisk the 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, olive oil and sugar until well blended. Whisk in pureed berries.
- 4Place greens in salad bowl. Add desired amount of dressing and toss.
- 5Add almond slices and Blue cheese and lightly toss.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby Greens Salad With Strawberries and Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.6
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 407.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 8.3 g