Recipe by BecR
This is a lovely salad for a holiday brunch or dinner party! The dressing is so yummy!! I've subbed a mild blue cheese for the goat cheese, and both are equally tasty. From Mary Ann Vitale, owner of La Taverna Restaurant in La Jolla CA.
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 10 cups baby greens
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, cranberry sauce and shallot. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the walnuts on a baking sheet and toast for 5 to 7 minutes; set walnuts aside.
- To serve the salad, toss the greens with enough of the vinaigrette to moisten and arrange on plates.
- Sprinkle each salad with goat cheese, dried cranberries and toasted walnuts.