Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a lovely salad for a holiday brunch or dinner party! The dressing is so yummy!! I've subbed a mild blue cheese for the goat cheese, and both are equally tasty. From Mary Ann Vitale, owner of La Taverna Restaurant in La Jolla CA.
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, cranberry sauce and shallot. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the walnuts on a baking sheet and toast for 5 to 7 minutes; set walnuts aside.
- To serve the salad, toss the greens with enough of the vinaigrette to moisten and arrange on plates.
- Sprinkle each salad with goat cheese, dried cranberries and toasted walnuts.
We loved this at Thanksgiving Dinner!!!! There were alot of mmmmms going on. I make it as written and it was perfect.Thanx for sharing such a good recipe!!!
This was a fantastic flavored vinaigrette dressing. I was really amazed. The only thing I had a problem with was the amount of olive oil. It just seemed excessive, so I didn't put in that amount and it still turned out excellent. I made the dressing at night to have for lunch the next day. Had some left over and used it the next day as well. Just like to say thanks for this great recipe BecR we all enjoyed a bunch