Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This elegant salad was served at book club and we all enjoyed it.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 (5 ounce) bag mixed baby greens
- 2 large pears, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup toasted and chopped walnuts
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss greens in large bowl with enough dressing to coat.
- Divide greens among 6 plates.
- Top with pear slices, dividing equally.
- Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts.
- Drizzle lightly with remaining dressing and serve.
Easy and delicious salad, great mix of different flavors and textures. Thanks for sharing!
What a great salad! I used pecans instead of the walnuts and they went so well with the other ingredients! This will be a standard salad at my house from now on!
This recipe is incredibly delicious. The contrasts of sweet and savory and textures of crunchy and creamy. It's our favorite salad. I was going to post this one today."smile"