Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love salads with textures, colour and flavour. This salad has it all! The pecans alone are wonderful....you would be lucky if you have enough to serve without eating them before hand!!
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- 56.69 g gorgonzola
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml cayenne
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml water
- 236.59 ml pecan halves
- 1419.54 ml mixed baby greens
- 473.18 ml green grapes, rinsed, cut in 1/2 or 473.18 ml sweet black grapes
- Pecans: Spray cookie sheet with "Pam" In frying pan, combine first set of ingredients except for pecans.
- Bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Mixture will be bubbly and foamy looking, and very hot.
- Add pecans and stir while cooking fo 1-1/2 minutes.
- Spoon pecans onto cookie sheet and spread out to separate; let cool.
- Dressing: In a blender, combine ingredients.
- To Serve: Combine salad greens with just enough dressing to coat (may have leftovers).
- Divide onto plates and top with pecans.
They make a salad almost exactly like this at one of my favorite restaurants in my old college town, and I've been trying to replicate it ever since I moved away. I've tried several different recipes for the spicy nuts, and yours is by far the easiest and best. Red grapes or pears are also good in place of the green grapes, and a little chopped red onion can be a nice addition. I didn't quite get six servings from this recipe, but that's probably because I ate half of it by myself. Nom nom nom,,,