Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Enjoy this verstaile side salad -
Make and share this Baby Green Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups baby greens
- 1⁄4 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted
- 1 (310 ml) jarorange jelly (I prefer Smuckers no Sugar Added Orange Spread)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup water
- Combine salad greens, onions and desired amount of vinaigrette in a medium sized bowl. Arrange on serving platter and garnish with blue cheese and pecans. Serve immediately.
- ORANGE VINAIGRETTE: Combine first 4 ingredients in medium-sized bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil, then 1/2 cup water. Continue whisking until smoothly blended. Add additional 1/4 cup water if a thinner consistency is desired.
This particular salad mixture is always a winning combination. This dressing is an absolutely perfect for it. I only made half the amount of dressing listed and that was plenty. I used walnuts in place of pecans, but that's all I changed. This is perfect for a light lunch or evento serve to guests. Thanx!
Made this for dinner to go with Fluffster's Very Best Beef and Cheese Skillet Dinner#413875. I wasn't sure how much Orange Spread to add (wasn't listed) but I used about 1-1/2 Tbls. I did have to add some sugar (DH and I like ours a little sweeter) and I didn't add water (it was just fine for us in thickness), but overall it made for a good salad. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag game.