Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From www.familyfun.com. I give the suggestion of fresh orange juice if you do not have marmalade on hand.
- 2 cups small baby green peas, fresh or 2 cups frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (my addition)
- NOTE: Substitute 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice, 1 tablespoon orange zest and 1/4 teaspoon sugar for the marmalade if you wish.).
- Steam green peas only until heated through. Toast almonds until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Transfer to green peas to serving bowl and keep warm.
- Combine the orange marmalade, butter, almonds and scallions with the green peas. Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with a few toasted almonds on top if desired.
Very NICE way to dress up a side of peas! Peas, carrots, corn and broccoli/cauliflower are my usual staples when it comes to vegetables, & the more I can jazz them up, the better. The combination of orange & almond flavors makes for a great-tasting dish! Many thanks, to you ~ I'll be keeping this on file!