Recipe by plove53
Last night my girlfriend and I were looking for something to eat. We had no meat in the house so we compiled a few recipes and came up with this tasty fried rice dish. We also tried to make it a light (good for you) dish. I guess it's good for two as a main dish or four or more as a side dish. I guess you could add cooked pork, chicken, or shrimp to the dish.
Top Review by Outta Here
Great fried rice. Nice mix of flavors. I had never used brown rice for fried rice, and it was really good. I didn't use celery, because I forgot to get some, but will add it next time. This is a keeper!
- 4 cups brown rice (cooked)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 medium carrot (French sliced)
- 1 stalk celery (French sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup peas
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heated Wok add Oil and Scramble the Eggs.
- Remove eggs and set aside.
- In same Wok add 2 tsp of Olive Oil.
- Add Onions and sauté on high heat around a minute (high heat for total cooking).
- Add Carrots, Celery, Ginger, and Garlic let cook around a minute.
- Add Soy Sauce.
- Add tsp Olive Oil if needed.
- Return Scramble Eggs to Wok and mix.
- Add Brown Rice and Red Pepper Flakes.
- Let cook on high for around 5 Minutes keep stirring rice.
- I Let the rice get a little caramelized.
- Add peas and Red Pepper then serve.