Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is a cake that my mother made on a regular basis while I was growing up. **Please note, you can use any flavor of fruit baby food that you like**
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 (4 ounce) jars plum baby food
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring (can be omitted if there is a nut allergy)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixer, beat well. (About 3 minutes).
- Pour in a well greased bunt or tube pan.
- Bake at 350 for 65 minutes or until a toopick comes out clean.
- Dust with Confectionary Sugar.
I've been making this cake for about 30 years, it is so good and easy to make. This recipe has never failed me. Ihave used different flavors and it was great.
I know everyone will enjoy this cake. This is a keeper! Thanks.