Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This incredibly moist carrot cake is brimming with yummies, like pineapple, coconut and walnuts! And the best thing about it is...NO GRATING CARROTS...that's where the baby food thing comes into play!!! Try it, you'll love it and never grate carrots again..at least not for cake :)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 (6 ounce) jars carrot baby food
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add oil, eggs and baby food and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Fold in pineapples, nuts and coconut.
- Pour into 2- 9 inch greased and floured pans.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until center tests done.
- Cool for 15 minutes on wire rack and then remove from pans.
- Cool completely before filling and frosting.
- Frosting: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add vanilla and confectioner's sugar and beat until desired spreading consistency.
- Frost cakes and sprinkle top with additional chopped walnuts and coconut, if desired.
- If you have any left, store in the refrigerator!
This was really fast and easy to put together. It sure beats the heck out of grating carrots! I will definitely be making this again.........
This is absolutely the best cake!!!!!!!!!! It is so easy to make and not to have to grate carrots is so good.It is very moist and the coconut just adds to the moistness.
I LOVE carrot cake but hate grating carrots and I have to watch my calories now. So that being said I did make some changes so that I could eat this without feeling guilty and boy did it turn out GOOOOOD!! I used 1 cup all-purpose + 1 cup wheat flour, added 1/2 teaspoon allspice, used unsweetened applesauce for all the oil, used egg substitute for the eggs and made a sugar free vanilla sauce for the frosting. It was moist and you would never know it was low cal by the taste of it. With the changes it added up to only 175 little calories per slice (well worth it in my opinion, plus I like to count this as going towards my daily veggies ;)) and you can be sure I will be making this often! Thank you very much!!