Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Per my pediatrician's guidance, I can now feed my 9 month old meat and cheese. I made this for him and he loves it! I used chicken breasts straight from the freezer that were organic with no added salt from Costco (be careful about how frozen meats are prepared some are full of additives). It made a total of 14 jars filled with 1/2 Cup each. I labeled, dated, and put them in the freezer along with all of the other homemade baby food.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
- 2 white potatoes (I used russets)
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- -Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- -Place frozen chicken breasts in baking pan prepared with cooking spray. Add a little bit of water in the dish and cover with foil.
- -Scrub all 4 potatoes.
- -Place the pan with chicken and the potatoes all in the preheated oven (potatoes will be directly on oven racks).
- -Bake for 45 minutes. Check for doneness to ensure everything is cooked thoroughly.
- -Once potatoes are cool to touch you can just tear off the peels. Roughly chop the potatoes and chicken.
- -Place the roughly chopped potatoes and chicken in a food processor with the cheese. Process until the mixture is to the consistency appropriate for the age of your child (add water as needed). Depending on the size of your processor you may need to do this in two batches.
- -Place in clean jars for freezer storage. I store this in 1/2 Cup increments in small canning jars in the freezer.
I make all of my grandsons food a when he comes to my house. This was my first try at meat/poultry. Really like this but I think the cheese was too much for him. Next time I will leave it out or only add half. Thanks for posting.