Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious cake, fun to share for a baby shower or to give for your baby's first birthday. Very simple and quick.
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (4 ounce) jar applesauce baby food
- 1 (4 ounce) jar carrot baby food
- 1 (4 ounce) jar peach baby food
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄8 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups powdered sugar
- Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Bake in lightly greased jelly roll pan at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting or dust with powdered sugar.
Thanks for this great and easy recipe! some changes; i use 3 jars of carrots, luv the flavor. i throw in a few Tbsp of coconut flakes. and about 1 tsp imitation butter Xtract. and im very very generous with the cinnamon. i grease 2 9 inch round alluminum pans and bake for about 45 mins. then i make a two layer cake and have frosting in the middle and all around. it looks a little more "grown up" and is still sinfully simple! Best of luck!!!!
I also made this for my son's first birthday party. He loved every messy little morsel. I was even finding it shoved up his nose the next day. :) And I agree, it did taste an awful lot like carrot cake. Thanks so much.
Excellent cake! I made this for my son's first birthday party and it was a hit with the other moms and their babies. The cake tasted a lot like a traditional carrot cake.