Recipe by littlemafia
from Feed Me I'm Yours by Vicki Lansky
Top Review by lauralie41
These biscuits will be perfect for my 9 1/2 month old grandson. They have a mild banana flavor and were crunchy on top right out of the oven. My oven would only go down to 170 degree's so I started with 45 minutes and checked on them for 1 1/2 hours. The slices were still not hard so I turned the oven up to 250 degrees and left them in for one hour and that worked. Very easy to make and I like knowing what is in my grandson's food. Made and reviewed for the Australian/NewZealand Forum's Recipe Swap #36.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour (white, whole wheat, or a combination)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients and stir only until smooth. Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour or until firmly set.
- Cool, remove from pan, and cut into sticks. Spread sticks out on a cookie sheet and bake at 150 degrees F for 1 hour or longer until the sticks are hard and crunchy. Store in a tightly covered container.