Recipe by PSU Lioness
This one is awesome! My son loves them and they're easily made ahead and frozen (which I love). I found the recipe on homemade-baby-food-recipes.com and I'm posting here for safe keeping. It is recommended for babies that are 8 months and older, but they also advise speaking to your pediatrician before starting your baby on solids. Also, remember to follow the RULE OF FOUR (wait 4 days after introducing new foods) and make sure your baby has had no allergic reactions to any of the foods in this recipe before serving it!
- 1 cup ground chicken
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium apple
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 1 small egg yolk, beaten (check with your doctor before serving eggs to your little one)
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, FRESH
- 1 pinch dried thyme, crushed
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and grate the carrot, apple, garlic and onion.
- Place into a mixing bowl, along with the ground chicken.
- Add the beaten egg yolk, breadcrumbs, thyme and black pepper. Mix well.
- Take small balls of the mixture and roll into 8 little "sausages".
- Place on a grill pan (broiler) and heat under the grill for 10 mins on each side.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve, or store some in the freezer for future use (if you haven't already eaten them!).
- Younger babies may need them broken into smaller pieces or even mashed a bit before serving.