Recipe by Roxygirl in Colorado
Great for appetizer or brunch. The boursin cheese adds so much flavor.
Top Review by tracytrebilcox
Yum!! I had someone give me some eggplants and tomatoes out of their garden; I had some eggs that were just laid, and olives from a farmers' market. I didn't have boursin cheese, but I had some goat cheese, and this combined to make a very tasty and quick breakfast!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 purple baby eggplants
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped pitted brine-packed green olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package boursin cheese, with herbs and garlic, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add eggplant halves, cut side down, spacing evenly.
- Cover and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, olives, basil, and salt in bowl.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Coarsely crumble half of cheese into eggs and stir to blend.
- Pour over eggplants, rearranging evenly in pan.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat until sides set and bottom begins to brown, loosening sides with spatula, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover, cook until set, about 7 minutes.