- 200 g cottage cheese (paneer)
- 3 -4 red chilies, whole
- 2 medium sized onions (roughly chopped)
- 10 -12 baby corn (sliced thinly)
- 4 -5 garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon dry ground fenugreek (kasuri methi)
- 2 inches piece gingerroot (peeled)
- 12 -15 almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut paneer into one inch sized triangular pieces.
- Chop half of the ginger and cut the remaining half into julienne.
- Reserve these for garnishing.
- Grind red chillies, almonds, onions, garlic and ginger into a fine paste using half a cup of water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the ground paste and sauté for three to four minutes.
- Add tomato puree, salt and continue to sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, cumin powder and coriander powder and sauté till oil begins to leave the masala.
- Stir and add sliced baby corn, paneer pieces, garam masala powder and mix well. Cover and cook on low heat for five minutes. Lightly roast kasuri methi and crush. Sprinkle over the gravy.
- Serve hot.