Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is Vijaya Dinakar's recipe from the Thursday magazine (Feb 26-March3' 04}. Enjoy!
- 15 -20 baby corn
- 15 teaspoons cornflour
- 5 teaspoons rice flour
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 green chilies, washed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, washed, peeled and finely chopped
- tomato sauce, as required
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- oil, to deep fry
- 2 tablespoons cashew peanut powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped, for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Parboil the baby corns in a little salted water.
- Put corn flour, rice flour, tomato sauce, ginger-garlic paste, a little salt and the parboiled baby corns in a bowl. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Deep fry the baby corns in it.
- Remove from pan and drain out excess oil on clean kitchen paper towels.
- Pour 3 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add onions, green chillies and garlic to it.
- Sauté until golden brown.
- Add the deep-fried baby corns, tomato sauce, soya sauce, chilli-garlic sauce and salt to it.
- Sauté for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and cashew-peanut powder.