Recipe by Choppin_Broccoli
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie lovers-Rejoice at the soft texture and amazing flavor of this cookie! This one got its name from my daughter, whose junior high health class had to baby-sit bags of flour in the low-tech version of "Think it Over, Baby". When the project ended, she made these cookies for her friends from her 5-lb progeny.
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding, unprepared
- 6 cups white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixer, cream oil and butter with brown and white sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix, scraping bowl.
- Mix in the packages of pudding, then the flour and baking soda.
- When batter is thouroughly blended, mix in 12-16 ounces of chocolate chips, either milk or dark chocolate.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Makes about 80 cookies.
- Do not let the cookies get too brown. They are meant to be soft.