Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes from the American Baby Magazine, March 2011 issue and is recommended for babies 8+ months.
- 4 apples
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups water or 1 1⁄2 cups apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal (uncooked baby oatmeal)
- Wash, peel, core, and halve the apples. Cut each half into 6 pieces. Place the apple, raisins, cinnamon, and water into a 4-quart pot.
- Cook apple mixture over high heat, covered, for about 7 minutes, stirring once. Add the oatmeal and cook for 1 additional minute, stirring the mixture continually.
- Transfer everything into the blender. Puree ntil smooth . Pour into tw ice cube trays and allow to cool. Wrap and freeze. Defrost as needed and serve.