Recipe by Cadillacgirl
While scouring my old cookbooks, found this in my Company's Coming Pint Sized appetizer cookbook! Like having your own mini cheese ball... mmmmm.... Posted for ZWT #6!
Top Review by Marie Nixon
This recipe made 16 baby cheese balls. I froze them after shaping them and coating them in sesame seeds or the chili powder. After thawing them, I put a thin pretzel stick in each one for people to pick them up with. I took them to a picnic and came back with 8 of them. A few people commented to me that they liked them but I don't think anyone went back for seconds.
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dill
- Combine first 5 ingredients (to seasoning salt), mix well, and shape into walnut sized balls.
- Roll 1/3 balls in sesame seeds, 1/3 in chili powder, and 1/3 in dill or make them all one kind if you prefer.
- Put in the refrigerator to chill and set!