Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
It took forever but I finally got it work out right. These are great for the whole family or to make and freeze to defrost single portions. Cooking time is apoximite per pancake.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup infant cereal, any flavor
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Beat in eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Cook in a hot non-stick pan until top is full of bubbles, then flip and brown the other side.
- Serve with syrup.
As the other reviewer said, this is a great way to use up all that baby cereal I got from WIC. My daughter hated infant cereal but she loves pancakes (and so do we!) These were easy to make (although I did substitute milk for buttermilk, which wasn't quite as good but wasn't the recipe's fault) and were very tasty. Thanks!
The whole family enjoyed these pancakes. Good recipe and terrific way to use up all that infant cereal my baby refused to eat.