Daniel was never keen on baby cereal or other pureed foods. I found this recipe when I was searching for ways to incorporate baby cereal and other iron-rich foods into a finger-food diet for him. They are wonderful! Daniel has one or two each morning for breakfast. To mix things up, I sometimes add a banana or a handful of raisins to the mix. These freeze well, so if you end up with too many cookies, just pop them in a freezer bag and save for later! (I found the recipe at www.simcoehealth.org.)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease a cookie sheet or spray with nonstick spray.
- Lightly cream molasses and butter.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cereal.
- Add to the butter mixture.
- Add milk.
- Drop on the cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- (Note: for babies under 12 months, you can easily substitute 2 egg yolks for the 1 whole egg and breastmilk or formula for the whole milk. This is a very flexible recipe, so experiment and enjoy!).