Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Another use for those little bags of baby carrots and this one uses fresh tarragon from my garden! Yum! From May 2007 GH (not tried yet, will do soon)
- 453.59 g baby carrots
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 14.79 ml fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- Fill 12-inch skillet with about 1/4 inch water. Place carrots, butter, and 1/4 tsp salt in skillet and heat to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Remove cover from skillet; increase heat to medium-high and cook 3 to 4 minutes longer or until liquid evaporates and carrots are fork tender and glazed with butter.
- Remove skillet from heat; toss carrots with tarragon.
Very nice carrot side dish, light and healthy. I used reduced fat margarine.
Carrots and tarragon are, to me, like peanut butter and jelly..... they go together perfectly. Always a winning choice. So, there's no surprise that I loved this simple, yummy carrot recipe. I make carrots this way often.... sometimes with a pinch of sugar, too. If you have never eaten carrots with tarragon, try this!