Recipe by lazyme
A simple, tasty side dish from Bon Appetit, April 1995. I cook the carrots a little longer than what is stated because they are a little too crunchy for us otherwise.
Top Review by Outta Here
Wonderful carrots! I couldn't find baby carrots with the stems still on, so subbed the "baby" carrots that come in a bag. Cooking time was perfect for us, since we like a bit of crunch. Used fresh tarragon from the garden. Made for ZWT8.
- 4 bunches baby carrots, peeled and trimmed, keep 3-inches of stems left intact
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, minced or 3 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine carrots, 1/4 cup water, 1 1/2 tablespoons tarragon, butter, vinegar and honey in heavy large skillet. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer until carrots are almost tender, about 12 minutes.
- Uncover; cook until carrots are tender and liquid is reduced to glaze, about 6 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to platter. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 tablespoons tarragon.