Recipe by Derf
Delicious baby carrots glazed with scallions in butter.
Top Review by Oolala
I would make this again! Kids liked it and even though I used pomegranate juice for the OJ, it was great. I used more carrots but didn't add more scallion. Next time I will. Loved the butter taste and it wasn't too sweet. The carrots had a good firm enough texture. Thanks Derf!
- 1 cup baby carrots, angle cut in two
- water, to cover carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, angle sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown Sugar Twin or 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place carrots in salted water, bring to boil, simmer to tender crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Drain well and set aside.
- In a non stick frypan, melt butter and oil, add scallions, cook about 2 minutes, add orange juice and sugar twin brown or splenda, simmer 2 minutes, add carrots.
- Stir to cover carrots with glaze, while simmering another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.