Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
Delicious baby carrots glazed with scallions in butter.
Make and share this Baby Carrots With Scallions recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup baby carrots, angle cut in two
- water, to cover carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, angle sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown Sugar Twin or 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Place carrots in salted water, bring to boil, simmer to tender crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Drain well and set aside.
- In a non stick frypan, melt butter and oil, add scallions, cook about 2 minutes, add orange juice and sugar twin brown or splenda, simmer 2 minutes, add carrots.
- Stir to cover carrots with glaze, while simmering another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
I would make this again! Kids liked it and even though I used pomegranate juice for the OJ, it was great. I used more carrots but didn't add more scallion. Next time I will. Loved the butter taste and it wasn't too sweet. The carrots had a good firm enough texture. Thanks Derf!
Loved this! I selected this recipe which tasted good. We rarely have carrots so it was a welcomed change of pace. my mom increased the carrots but forgot to increase the scallions so next time she will. We were out of OJ so we substituted pomegranite juice. Thanks for a nice and easy side dish!
Another winner, Derf; served at the Easter feast in Sidney, BC. Because of dining numbers, I did increase quantities accordingly; Accustomed to using Splenda with great success. Followed your directions exactly, Derf, and finished up with a product that looked just like your photograph... Thank you so much for a tasty vegetable combination, and equally tasty photo. Derf, I can always count on you for great diabetic recipes. :-)