Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Baby carrots baked in a creamy horseradish sauce topped with crumbled crackers. Goes great with any type roast beef or pork.
- 10 ounces fresh baby carrots or 10 ounces frozen baby carrots
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cracker crumb
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Cook carrots in water until tender.
- Drain carrots, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Combine reserved liquid with next 5 ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place carrots in lightly greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Pour sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with cracker crumbs; dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 14 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
Absolutely delicious! This made a great side dish. I will be making again and again. Thanks for a great recipe.
I like that is is a new and different way to serve carrots. The horseradish sauce is really good, and I think it would be nice on other vegetables as well.
I absolutely LOVED this recipe. I forgot all about it until today I was planning a Father's Day meal for my Dad. He loves horseradish. I had made these months ago, a couple of times, and forgot to submit a review. I just love the "bite" to this veggie dish! It's something far different than just the usual green veggies with a dinner.