Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple carrot dish that's perfect for many meals.
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature and cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- Place carrots in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 10 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat, and drain. Gently toss with margarine, dill, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Quick and easy and a nice change from sweet/glazed carrots. I used dried dill but otherwise followed the recipe. DSs didn't like them, but it is sometimes hard to get them to eat the sweet carrots as well, but DH and I enjoyed them. Made for 2012 Spring PAC.
Simple, but good. I used the microwave to steam the carrots.
DD (4 yrs) and I really enjoyed these carrots. So easy and something she can help with always means she is more apt to eat it. I had to use dried dill, as my fresh didn't look so fresh anymore. :( But I'll be making it again with fresh next time. Thanks for sharing, Messiejessie! Served with your Microwave Tilapia (Microwave Tilapia). Made & enjoyed for Spring 2011 Pick A Chef. :)