Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple side dish with a bit of tang from the mustard.
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon stone ground dijon mustard
- Blanch, steam, or microwave carrots until tender-crisp. Drain well.
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and mustard to make a smooth sauce.
- Add carrots and toss to coat. Cook 1 minute longer.
Yum...were these good Lazy. It never fails to amaze me how a few ingredients can make something so tasty. The carrots were tender and sweet and the dressing was perfect. Loved the zing from the stone ground coarse dijon mustard that I used...Thank you for sharing a recipe that we will enjoy again and again. Made FYC Tag Game 2015.
Wonderful! I also used less butter than called for; a little less sugar, too. Thanks - made for your Football win, 2014
I am suprised at the flavor of this dish! I only had a tiny bit over 2 tbls of butter, but it still worked out. Sprinkled black and white sesame seeds on top for color.