- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry paste (hot medium or mild)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat yogurt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add carrots and onion, and cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in curry paste and flour.
- While stirring, slowly pour in stock.
- Bring to a boil, and then adjust heat so the soup gently simmers.
- Cook until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree mixture in a blender or food processor.
- Return soup to pot and bring back to a simmer.
- Stir in the cilantro; season with salt and pepper.
- Pour soup into bowls.
- If desired, set a spoonful of yogurt in the centre of each bowl.