Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another fabulous find from our local grocery, Thrifty Foods.
Make and share this Baby Carrot Soup With Cilantro and Curry recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add carrots and onion, and cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in curry paste and flour.
- While stirring, slowly pour in stock.
- Bring to a boil, and then adjust heat so the soup gently simmers.
- Cook until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree mixture in a blender or food processor.
- Return soup to pot and bring back to a simmer.
- Stir in the cilantro; season with salt and pepper.
- Pour soup into bowls.
- If desired, set a spoonful of yogurt in the centre of each bowl.
Delicious soup and so easy to make. I made as directed and mixed the yogurt in for a nice creamy texture and taste.
Very simple soup to make that cooks up quickly. I didn't have curry paste so I used 1 Tbsp of curry powder. Also used chicken broth in place of vegetable stock. I found the yogurt to round out the flavor nicely.
I think this soup is very good. I did use small, rather than baby carrots - toddlers, perhaps? And also used homemade chicken stock. I had only Indian style curry powder, which included some flour, so I used about 1 1/2 tablespoons of that, with no other flour. (I think I could have used slightly less, but am quite happy with the soup, so maybe not.) I love cilantro anyway, but also think it is an important ingredient in this soup - the flavor went from just okay to really wonderful after it was added. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe.