Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
This appetizer is so... good! Very easy and equally impressive to guests at your next party or for a great evening at home.
- 1 (8 ounce) packagealouette baby brie cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, well drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon diced pimento, drained (from 2 oz. jar)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 (2 1/8 ounce) packagesfrozen phyllo dough, tartlet shells
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Trim rind from outside edge of cheese.
- Cut crosswise into 6 strips. Trim rind from each strip.
- To form 30 pieces, cut the 4 longest strips each into 6 cubes.
- Cut the 2 shortest strips each into 3 cubes.
- In small bowl, combine crab meat, mayonnaise, pimiento and shallot.
- Arrange tartlet shells on large cookie sheet. Spoon crab mixture evenly into tartlet shells, about 1 teaspoons each. Top with cheese cube.
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is soft and melted.
- Sprinkle with chives.
This really didn't have a lot of flavor -- not crab nor brie. DH suggests adding lemon juice and Old Bay seasoning to the crab mixture. We drizzled lemon juice over them after-the-fact and it wasn't quite the same. Thanks, CJ Alouette, for an interesting recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2009.
Oh I just loved these. I didn't have shallot in the house so I minced some vidalia onion. I made the mixture the day before & just filled them & topped with the brie when I was ready to serve. Wonderful appetizer. Thank you.